Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sole Survivor sitting on a $5b fortune

Now this is a true contribution to the global warming debate. Not just talk of carbon offsets or Live Earth. Jeffery Lee is a true hero of the 'Green' movement. "JEFFREY LEE is not interested in the soaring price of uranium, which could make him one of the world's richest men." cites Lindsay Murdoch. As the sole member left of his clan he states, "This is my country. Look, it's beautiful and I fear somebody will disturb it," he says, waving his arm across a view of rocky land surrounded by Kakadu National Park, where the French energy giant Areva wants to extract 14,000 tonnes of uranium worth more than $5 billion.

"My father and grandfather said they would agree to opening the land to mining, but I have learnt as I have grown up that there's poison in the ground," stated Lee.

read the full story

No comments: